- Who We Are
Worcestershire Food and Drink [WF&D]
WF&D is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of data protection legislation in the UK and the EU General Data Protection Regulation in force from 25 May 2018.
Our Data Protection Officer will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. See contact details at Item 15.
- Information we collect
Information we collect about you
When you register on our website or submit an application to us, we collect your name and email address. This allows us to process your registration and contact you about what we do.
We also ask you to provide other contact details, such as phone numbers and addresses, to carry out our commitment to provide benefits and services to you.
We do collect some information from cookies, pixels and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, how you use and navigate around them, and how you interact with our email. This information is used to improve our services and communication. We may obtain some information from Google Analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited to your email address and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
In order for your business or organisation to become a member or business partner of Worcestershire Food and Drink the person signing the application must be over 18 years old.
Information you provide to us
We may also collect information which may include personal information about you and other people (for example, where your family members are involved in your own or other businesses).
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it and have consented to do so.
- How we use the information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including
- To manage the WF&D website
- To process orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- For administration purposes. This means we may contact you regarding goods or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance, if your subscription to WF&D is due for renewal and to ask if you wish to renew it, or if an online account has become dormant to ask if you wish to retain the account before we close it.
- To provide advanced website and service offering features to you and others.
- We will use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different members and business partners, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, and to personalise content and emails.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
- To improve your own website and information search results.
- A certain amount of advertising is tailored to the individual based on viewing and/or purchase habits. This is a common practice known as online behavioural advertising.
- We may show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, and Twitter). Some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers.
- To conduct surveys with you (where you have consented to us contacting you for such purpose).
- To provide personalised communications (more details below).
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service.
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We will send service emails to you to administer the service. Service emails include registration and payment confirmations and emails that provide useful information about how to use a service or feature when you sign up or start using it. We will also send you a service email if we make a fundamental change to the website, to our service offering or to our terms & conditions that we think we need to make you aware of, or to let you know important information about your account.
We use your email address to update you on new products, services and subscription offers. We will only contact you with your consent. You are entitled to withhold this consent and refuse to receive such communications by selecting the appropriate option on the web form that collects your details. You can also update these options at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences, by contacting us by email at email@example.com calling Helen Cameron on 01562 738017or by post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF.. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us each time we send them to you.
- What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold, but the main impacts may be:
- We may not be able to process or fully process your order or application.
- We will not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your order, your application or the goods/services provided.
- We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
- We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
- We will not be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that are not related to your interests.
- What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
The grounds on which we process your data:
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
- Legal – we may be legally required to contact you concerning a purchase or service.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in WF&D interest. It allows us to manage our customer relationships effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online and offline provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
- Information stored online
Your business contact and activity/functional area details may be searchable by users of the website (and users of other websites) and may appear on internet searches.
If you become aware that your personal information has been misused in any other way on the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org details and we will investigate and, if necessary, remove this information.
- Sharing your information with third parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our services. These third-party providers include payment processors, providers of card validation services, credit referencing providers and booking services such as Eventbrite. This is necessary for the performance of the WF&D service offering.
We will not keep a record of your credit or debit card details in our systems. Our payment processors do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however, we will only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
When transferring and storing any personal information outside the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognised transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded. These are:
- The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
- The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
- Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
- If the data is going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Appropriate certification schemes
We will disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes disclosing information to organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or the order of a court or regulator.
We may also share your details with service providers who assist us with hosting our marketing campaigns and surveys but only in cases where you have consented to marketing or surveys. We will not provide your data to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this when you first provided your data to us. You are entitled to refuse to receive such third-party communications by not selecting the appropriate box on the application form that collects your details or at any subsequent time by adjusting your preferences, by contacting us by email at email@example.com post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF.
We may collect some information from cookies and similar software that allows us to understand how you arrive on our website and use and navigate around it so we can improve the site. We may obtain some information from Google Analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited to your email address and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
- How we protect your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls and virus-checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping secret any confidential passwords or other login or access details that you select or which we may allocate to you. While we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished your session.
- Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1 and the General Data Protection Regulation 20 you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information, which are:
- Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up to date and accurate. In order to maintain the accuracy of the information we hold, you can update your personal details by sending us an email to email@example.com by post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF. We may ask for verification of such contact.
- Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent, such as marketing. Consent can be withdrawn by updating your preferences sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF. We may ask for verification of such contact.
Obtaining a copy of your Information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting email@example.com from your recorded email address, providing your full name. We may ask for verification of such contact.
- Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case. You can do this by contacting us from your recorded email address, providing your full name. We may ask for verification of such contact.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer need to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org your recorded email address, providing your full name. We may ask for verification of such contact.
- Right to object to Processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting us by email at email@example.com post to Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF
- Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via the ICO’s website, follow the links or have an online Live Chat.
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- How long we hold your data for
Some of the information you provide to us will be necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity or payment details, providing ourservices to you or when you are using an online checkout. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered member or business partner or individual interested party in regard to our website and services and for so long as reasonably necessary. After this time, we may need to hold your personal data in order to meet our financial obligations or identify or resolve issues or causes of action. If your membership or business partner status is inactive and you are no longer paying for WF&D service, we reserve the right to delete any information you have provided to us. We will send an email to the address attached to your account before deleting such information.
- Links to third-party websites
- Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the WF&D website. By continuing to use the website or WF&D services after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
- Contacting us
If you have any questions about privacy or wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us at:
Phone: 01905 822799
Post: Data Protection Officer, Worcestershire Food and Drink, c/o Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF
June 2018 (V1)